Carbon cut wire is an excellent choice for peening applications when fracturing and splitting of cast steel shot is a concern. Carbon cut wire does not fracture or split as cast products do, rather it delaminates as it wears. This allows it to maintain its spherical shape.
There are three classifications of conditioning, Type I, Type II (DCCW) and Type III (SCCW). Abrasive Materials offers carbon cut wire in any of these three classifications. Abrasive Materials also offers carbon cut wire in a “high” hardness of 55-62 HRC or a “low” hardness of 45-52 HRC.
Our conditioned carbon cut wire meets AMS 2431, SAE J441 and various other aerospace and automotive peening specs.
- Longer life than cast abrasives
- No hollows splits or twins
- Maintains size and shape longer than cast abrasives
- Produces dust free surfaces
- Preferred for peening applications in comparison to cast products
- Produces less dust than cast products